Hansel and Gretel had a fascination for chocolate and while the temptation of pure chocolate is something that very few of us can resist, it is the lure of brightly colored candy that can drive many of us completely mad. Have you ever walked into a candy shop and never wanted to leave? It is tempting to try out every bit of candy in the shop and lot of that has to do with the fact that they are arranged so beautifully.
Glass jars showcasing the shapes and colors of candy and luring us in. It is the attractiveness of candy bar jars that makes candy even more alluring. What if you could have this decorative (and functional) element in your own house? We tell you how you can create a nook in your home that showcases the brightest and best of candy bars.
Making Your Own Candy Jars
So, where can you find candy jars? Well finding jars made specifically for storing candy bars may be slightly difficult to find. But there is a whole plethora of options that you could innovate with. One of the best options that you could opt to try out would be to scrounge for old apothecary jars. These jars are not only beautiful to look at but also come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. From thin, tall jars to small, round jars, the kind of containers you want to opt for is a personal choice that you will need to make.
You could also choose to match the colors of the jars that you buy with the colors that are predominant in the room. You can choose to display them as it is after filling them with your favorite candy or choose to decorate them in your own unique style to create distinctive candy jars. For someone who is just beginning to create a candy jar collection, these are few types of jars that you should definitely have in your collection.
- Fishbowl jar
- Tall glass jar with lid
- Round glass jar with lid
- Thin, tall flower vase jar with glass lid
- Shallow bowl with jar stand
- A great way to perk up a candy jar that is filled with white or transparent candies is to use ribbon to decorate the jar. You could either wrap the jar completely with ribbon or create a peekaboo pattern so that you can see the candy inside.
- So you want everyone to know what candy lies inside the candy jar? Make labels that resemble old medicine bottle labels with all the decorative elements and write the name of the candy in a calligraphic writing. You can also add a miniature of the candy wrapper for visual representation. For such a candy jar, try to use a colored jar.
- If you have an artistic streak, then use the inner artist to create truly unique candy jars. Use glass paints to create a variety of designs on the jar. Search for images of antique vintage jars to recreate the look.
- If you have the budget for it, then contact a glass blower who can make custom designed candy jars for you. Create candy jars shaped like lollipops or candy bars and then fill them up with candy. These are sure to catch the attention of anyone who walks into your house.
Not only are candy bar jars a treat for someone with a sweet tooth, they are also a delight to look at. These jars, in miniature versions, are also great wedding favors to give out to your guests. You can create quite a decorative and aesthetically pleasing corner with an interesting juxtaposition of candy jars. Just jog your creative abilities and you are sure to come up with a unique idea.