Quick ones that can be batch-made and served to many people at a single event include sheet cakes, pies, brownies. These are easy one's which can be made in one dish. Remember you won't be able to please everyone, hence, it is better if you steer clear of doing something keeping every guest's taste in mind.
You will always come across people, who are on a diet, do not eat sugar, or are allergic to one or the other ingredient. It is impossible to make a note of all these details when desserts have to be made for a number of people.
Simple Desserts Recipes
While going through these dessert recipes, one point you would always want to remember is to take the weather into account. If it is summer, you may not want to make something really hot or warm. You may, instead, want to opt for quick and easy summer desserts which will provide an excellent respite from the heat. Here are a couple of simple dessert recipes.
- Eggs, 6
- All-purpose Flour, 10 cups
- Granulated Sugar, 6 cups
- Water, 6 cups
- Applesauce, 3 cups
- Margarine, 2 ½ cups
- Baking Powder, 4 tablespoons
- Cinnamon, 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 2 teaspoons
- In a large bowl, blend margarine and applesauce together.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and whip on medium speed until smooth.
- In another bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking power together.
- Beat the eggs till they are fluffy. Add vanilla extract to the eggs.
- Now, gradually add the dry ingredients to the eggs along with water, and make sure there are no lumps formed.
- Grease the baking pans with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake the cake for 35 minutes at 350ºF or until a pin inserted at the center of the baking pan comes out clean.
- You will be able to make 50 servings.
- Miniature Chocolate Chips, 1 pound
- All-purpose Flour, 8 cups
- Raisins, 7 cups
- Granulated Sugar, 3 ½ cups
- Margarine (softened), 2 ⅓ cups
- Cocoa Powder, 1 ¼ cups
- Eggs (broken) 1 cup
- Unsweetened Applesauce, ⅓ cup
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tablespoon
- Baking Soda, 2 teaspoons
- Salt, 2 teaspoons
- To make this easy dessert, in a blender, mix raisins and applesauce to make a smooth paste.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine the raisin paste, sugar, margarine, eggs, and vanilla extract, until well mixed.
- Add sifted all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to the raisin mixture and mix well.
- Now, add the chocolate chips and stir well to blend the chocolate chips evenly throughout the dough.
- Using a scoop, drop dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten the cookies and bake them at 350ºF for 14 to 15 minutes, till they are brown in color. If you want them dry, you will have to bake them for around 16 to 17 minutes.
Using these recipes, you can also try different innovations and come up with a unique dish. It is recommended that you also garnish the dessert and make it attractive, as appearance certainly counts when you're serving it to guests.