Do you plan to host a party, but want to have a different kind of menu? How about giving a thought to finger foods for a crowd? They are easy to make and your guests will enjoy them as well.
Planning party food many a time can be a difficult job. More so, if one wants to try out different things all the time, but want to make something, which is easy to make as well. One of the easy appetizers are finger foods. They are appetizers, which are eaten with the hand without the use of any cutlery.
Since they are easy to serve, you see them served at most parties, wedding receptions, etc. The other advantage of making these easy appetizers is that they can be done without spending a lot of time. On that note, this article enlists some simple recipes of finger foods for a crowd.
List of Recipes
When you are preparing these appetizers, it is important that you opt for the ones that can be made in a large quantity in one go. Here are some easy options, which will not take too much of your time.
If you are fond of Italian cuisine, then bruschetta is the right option for you. While it is being made, you will be able to finish up some other chore as well.
- Italian bread 1 inch slices
- Finely chopped tomatoes 2
- Grated Mozzarella cheese ¼ cup
- Virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Chopped fresh basil 1 teaspoon
- Chopped fresh parsley 2 teaspoons
- Chopped sweet onion ½
- Chopped fresh oregano 1 tablespoon
- Let the oven preheat to 400°F.
- While the oven heats up, mix tomatoes, olive oil, onion, oregano, parsley, and basil in a bowl.
- On the baking sheet, arrange the bread slice, and spoon the tomato mixture on the slices evenly.
- On the tomato mixture, spread grated cheese.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. To know if the bruschetta is ready, check the bottom of the bread slices for color. If brown in color, remove the slices from the oven.
- Let the bruschetta stand for 4 to 6 minutes before you serve.
Tortilla Roll Ups
After an Italian appetizer, we will see how to make a Spanish appetizer. Like bruschetta, tortilla is also an easy appetizer for large groups.
- Flour tortillas 1 packet
- Diced green chilies 1 can
- Chopped olives 1 can (8 oz)
- Cream cheese 1 packet (8 oz)
- Wafer thin ham slices 2 packets
- Blend cream cheese, olives, and chilies together in a blender until they have mixed well.
- In a large plate, place the tortillas and spread the olive mixture over it.
- Now, place the ham slices on it and roll up the tortillas.
- Slice it and use a toothpick to hold together. Serve the tortilla roll ups to your guests immediately.
Red Pepper Straws
You will need just five ingredients to make this delicious, cheesy recipe.
- Finely chopped shallot 1
- Chopped marinated roasted red pepper 2/3 cup
- Virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano 1 ½ cups
- Thawed frozen puff pastry 2 sheets
- While the oven is preheating to 400°F, saute shallot and red pepper in olive oil for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove shallot and red pepper from the heat and let it cool.
- Then, add 1¼ cups of Parmigiano-Reggiano to the shallot mixture.
- Roll 1 sheet puff pastry to a thickness of 1/16 inch.
- Trim it to make rectangles 16 inches by 7 inches in size.
- Spread the shallot mixture over the puff pastry sheet, then repeat the same process for the other sheets as well.
- Place the other sheets over the first sheet, and press lightly to seal them.
- Lightly brush the sheets with water and sprinkle some cheese over it.
- Now, carefully cut the dough into about 24, eight-inch long strips.
- Twist each of the strips and place it on baking pans lined with parchment paper.
- Let it chill for about 20 to 22 minutes before you bake it for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve after it cools down a little. Isn’t this an easy appetizer recipe?
You can also make use of different dips and sauces to go with these easy appetizers. Since they are eaten with the hand, you will not have to worry about the cutlery, etc., and you will have less work after the party is over.