Be it a flamboyant party, a gathering of friends, or a meal with the family, appetizers make a great beginning of just any get-together. Conversations start over appetizers, the fun begins, and that perfect atmosphere is set. They stimulate not just the appetite but also the mood of those present at the gathering.
Here we give you some easy party appetizers. Being easy to make, they will save you some time and ensure that you have fun even as you play the host.
- 1 packet of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 block of sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 2 T. milk (for softer spread, optional)
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 package of chili seasoning
- 1 C. of English walnuts (chopped)
- In a mixer or food processor, blend shredded cheddar, milk, garlic and softened cream cheese until creamy smooth.
- Chill this mixture for half an hour so that it will be easier to handle.
- Now tear off 2 pieces of wax paper (about a foot long).
- Then sprinkle the chili mix seasonings on one and chopped nuts on the other.
- Once that is done, form the cheese into ball shapes with your hands and then roll in the chili seasoning and then the nuts. Cover completely.
- Then use plastic wraps to cover them tightly and refrigerate until about an hour before serving.
- You could also serve these snacks with your favorite crackers.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 T. of butter
- 2 sixteen oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- 6 drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 T. of Mexican oregano
- 2 T. of flour
- ½ C. of evaporated milk
- 1 C. of cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Salt to taste
- First sauté the onions in 3T. of butter, then add the tomatoes and simmer for an hour.
- Now add the Tabasco, salt, and oregano.
- Then mix the butter and the flour together and stir the tomato mixture and evaporated milk in.
- Add some cheese before serving and remember not to let it boil.
- Pour into a fondue pot and serve with taco chips.
- 40 mushrooms (medium-sized)
- 1 C. of Swiss cheese (shredded)
- ½ C. of butter (softened)
- ½ C. of corn chips (crushed)
- ½ lb. bacon (crumpled, cooked and crisp)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1 T. of red wine (dry)
- 2 T. of onion (finely minced)
- First remove and chop the stems of the mushroom. Now combine them with the remaining ingredients.
- Then fill the mushroom caps and place them stuff side up on a baking sheet.
- Once that is complete, broil them for about 5 to 7 minutes till they are bubbly or lightly brown.
- 1-½ lbs. of flank steak
- ¾ C. of teriyaki sauce
- 6 T. of vegetable oil
- 1 ½ T. of red pepper (crushed)
- ⅓ C. of fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- ⅓ C. of garlic (minced)
- Wooden skewers (24 pieces)
- First prepare a basking mixture. To do this, mix the vegetable oil, crushed red pepper, teriyaki sauce and ginger.
- Now cut the beef across the grain and into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Then thread each slice into a bamboo skewer. Using the basking mixture, brush the ribbons generously.
- Once that is done, grill for 3 minutes per side till you receive the desired effect.
So the next time you plan a party at your place, pick some of these easy-to-make recipes as appetizers. Serve your guests some delicious starters and that too, with less time and effort spent on making them.