Coming up with perfect party food menu, that your invitees will appreciate, is really confusing. Eating desserts with hands is something more satisfying rather than serving formally with forks or spoons. So, why not try something new and serve delicious, sweet finger food desserts to complement your party food? Here are some ideas and recipes for you to choose from.
Finger Food Dessert Ideas
Bite sized foods are not limited as appetizers that you serve before the main course of the meal. But, you can also serve finger foods as desserts to end your party food serving with a sweet taste. They need not be something different from regular dessert recipes, the only thing is to serve them in bite-sized pieces.
Chocolate Cheese Balls
Make crunchy, tasty chocolate cheese balls to impress your guests. Melt chocolate morsels first, and beat it with cream cheese until smooth. Add chocolate crumbs and fruit preserves, and chill the mixture in refrigerator. Prepare small balls (1 inch diameter) and coat them with chopped almonds.
For this one, all you need is your favorite chocolate brand. Cut it into small pieces. Warm same quantity of heavy cream and pour it over the chocolate pieces. Stir well until blended and keep in the refrigerator. Make small balls with an ice cream scooper and cover them with chocolate sprinkles.
Cut a cake into pieces, add them in a large bowl and cover with sufficient cream cheese frosting for even coating. Using an ice cream scooper, make small ball and insert a lollipop stick in the center of each piece. After chilling in the refrigerator, dip in melted chocolate before serving.
Chocolate Covered Fruits
Fruits covered with chocolate are easy finger food desserts, which look lovely. You will need fresh strawberries and chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate and keep a non-sticky cookie sheet ready. Hold strawberries in the leafy part and dip in chocolate to about half. Keep them on the cookie sheet and chill.
Finger Food Dessert Recipes
The logic for making your party a blast is to decorate beautifully, serve good food, organize fun games for invitees, and enjoy yourself. And to get time for yourself, be sure to choose simple, yet delicious food recipes that need less time for preparation. Here are some easy recipes of the same for you.
Easy Truffle Recipe
- Chocolate, 8 squares
- Oreos, 1 (2-ounce) packet
- Cream cheese (softened), 8 oz.
- Cookie crumbs (for decoration)
- In a mixing bowl, crush Oreos until you get fine grains. Pour softened cream cheese and mix well.
- Using a teaspoon or ice cream scoop, make small balls out of the mixture.
- Melt chocolate squares and keep aside.
- Dip the balls in melted chocolate and roll in cookie crumbs.
- With this, your simple dessert recipe is done.
- Make sure that the chocolate is hardened well before serving.
Banana Pops Recipe
This is one of the best finger food desserts that you can prepare within a short time. As chilling requires 1 - 2 hours, you can prepare this yummy dessert ahead of the party.
- Bananas, 3 ripe
- Lollipop sticks, 8
- Chocolate chips, 2 cups
- Chopped nuts, ½ cup
- Cut bananas crosswise into half and insert one lollipop stick in each of the 8 pieces (from the cut side).
- Chill for 10 minutes to harden slightly.
- By the meantime, melt the chocolate and keep it ready along with the chopped nuts.
- Take out bananas, dip in chocolate and coat with chop nuts.
With these ideas, you are also relieved from the regular duty of cleaning plates and forks after serving those sweet goodies. So, isn't serving finger food desserts interesting for you!