Creating decorations can make some people yawn, but really, don't you think that they add that extra bit of warmth to your already-perfect party? If you think of them as expensive add-ons, you couldn't be more wrong, as there are tons of decoration ideas that you can execute by investing comparitively lesser money.
Zero in on a Theme
Decorate the Venue
For paper flowers:
- Take a long strip of colored paper and roll it in concentric circles.
- Pull each layer slightly inward, to mimic the shape of petals.
- Glue the inner and outer ends.
- Pierce it in the middle with a wire mesh wrapped in green paper for the stem.
- Or string up these flowers to make streamers.
On to the Centerpiece
Carveceous and Delicious!
If you're good at fruit or vegetable carving, why not flaunt your talent? You could use watermelons, pumpkins, tomatoes, bell peppers, etc. If baking is your forte, use cup cakes for gorgeous, edible showpieces. You can have the icing in various colors or according to the theme of your party.
So the next time you're planning a party, get your family together to make some interesting party decorations and indulge in some quality family time!