What is the most important thing you need when you throw a party? Yes, it is the food, isn't it? We don't really think more into this, but where you serve that food, is also equally important. Table decorating ideas for various occasions are available below, and these will help you to a large extent. The table should be neatly decorated, and remember, decorating doesn't necessarily mean fancy. Decorating can be done very simply, yet very elegantly. However, the overall effect that you get, might look extravagant. Here are some different styles of table decoration.
Table Decorating Ideas of Different Styles
The table shouldn't just look neat and clean when people are eating on it, but also when it is just there in your home, and is really serving no purpose.
Decorating Ideas For:
Decorating Ideas For:
The Coffee Table
- The first thing you need to keep in mind while decorating a coffee table, is to make sure that it is comfortable and relaxing, to sit around it.
- Try keeping a small plant on the coffee table to give it a fresh and natural look.
- Coffee tables should always have a theme, as they are one the first things people notice in your house when they enter. It shouldn't look out of place.
- Keep coasters nearby, and not on the table. If you decide to place them on the table, make sure they go along with the theme of the table.
- Always keep a book on the coffee table, which you can read while having your coffee. Simple table decorations always look the best.
The Dining Room Table
- Keep all display and show pieces below eye level. Conversation should be easy and possible between all, while at the table.
- Also see to it that whatever cutlery you need, is already placed and available on the table, and cleaned beforehand. Anything unclean on the dining table is going to look unhygienic and dirty.
- Make sure that whatever you place on the dining table goes well with your room decor, and the general theme of the house.
- Don't place too many artifacts on the dining table as this reduces the space for placing food. Food should be placed with a lot of ease, and shouldn't look cluttered. This reduces the desirability of consuming it.
- Learn as much as you can about table decorations as this will help you experiment with the look every time.
The Candlelit Dinner Table
- The first thing to be sure about is that you have placed candles in a manner where nobody will be hurt and burnt.
- Don't place too many candles on the table as this will make the atmosphere more hot and sweaty, making dinner a not-so-enjoyable affair.
- Make sure you check the height of the candles and that they are below eye level. You don't want to end up not seeing your date for the night.
- Stock up a good variety of candles and candle holders. You can use different ones for different occasions and not make it look monotonous.
- For napkins and hot water towels, use light linen to give it a luxury feeling.
The Breakfast Table
- Place fresh flowers during breakfast so that the atmosphere in the morning remains fresh and the place smells good and pleasant.
- If you are keeping a centerpiece on this table, no matter what season it is, the piece should resemble spring and summer decorations. This will make the table look more lively.
- Don't use dark colors for table cloths and napkins, they don't make the morning look light and fresh. Use light colors like white and yellow.
- White cups and plates look the best on a breakfast table. Try using these to make the table look more fresh and clean.
- A fruit basket or just a plain bowl of fresh fruits gives a healthy effect to the table.
Table Decorating Ideas for Different Occasions
- Table decorations for wedding receptions really do take a lot of time to finalize. They have to be unique in someway, and remember, everything you place on the wedding table, should be special in one way or the other. Make the decoration personalized or expensive, but a wedding table should, in the end, have its own charm.
- Once again, keep the color scheme very light and fresh; revolve all the ideas around the couple. Dark colors should be used only if it is a dinner reception. Otherwise, they are a strict no-no.
- Make sure there are beautiful flowers on the table. Do not decorate the table with simple, ordinary flowers. Go out of your way to find flowers that are unique.
- Use satin and/or other such different types of ribbons to decorate the table.
- Candles are again a must on the wedding table. You don't really have to light them, but just placing them on the wedding table gives the required, romantic effect. Make sure the candle holders and the silver are of the same type.
For Baby Showers
- A lot of parents get their toddlers along for baby showers, so try not to keep anything sharp, or with pointed edges on the table. Also, pick your centerpieces with utmost care.
- Similarly, all valuable artifacts and showpieces should be kept away from the naughty hands of children.
- All the decorations should be as colorful as they can be. No piece of decoration should be simple and/or pale in color.
- Keep plastic bowls filled with sweets and candies for kids.
- There should be enough space on the table to keep all the gifts that you receive on this day, so don't crowd it with too many decorations.
- Go through some inexpensive centerpiece ideas, and buy a centerpiece for the table, no matter what the party is for. This doesn't make the table look empty, and you don't have anything valuable placed on the table. The centerpiece, and other decoration, should go well with the party themes.
- If people are going to serve themselves in the party, don't place expensive china or any other expensive pieces on display. They might drop something on your valuables, or the entire piece too.
- Keep enough extra glasses and cutlery on the table. This makes it more easy, and comfortable for people, who are eating on the table, than waiting to provide them with necessary things.
- Always have a stack of tissues kept on the table for people to use at parties. They are always needed. Place them properly and also place a dustbin nearby so the table doesn't get dirty with used tissues.
- Always make it a point to keep some potpourri in a nice bowl or holder to add to the look, and also so that it helps in keeping the area around the table smelling good.
For Business Meetings
- Keep it as simple as you can.
- Keep everything available including pens, extra notepads, a bottle of water, and other stationery that you might need.
- Since the table shouldn't look completely boring, just place one plant in the center. Not flowers, just a plant.
- You can add some elegant coasters if you want, which will go with the look of the room and the table both.
- Since business meetings last really long at times, keep some snacks on the table. Keep in mind that the snacks shouldn't look like proper food served on the table.
These were some table decorating ideas and tips that will help you make your table look good during every occasion. These ideas are sure to give you relief from all the thinking. Remember that the most basic thing while decorating a table is not overdoing it. Keep it simple!