A great way to build a great rapport among kids is to have them play some games that will inspire them to think together. Charades are a perfect option for this. Read ahead for some fantastic ideas that will help to entertain and educate kids as well!
One of the best options if you want to ensure that kids at a party have fun, learn something and also make loads of new friends is charades! It is one of the most popular party games, and is sure to make the kids enjoy thoroughly. In this PartyJoys article, let us see some of the many ideas for charades that you can use to liven up your classroom or even your kids’ birthday party.
Books are a great option to include in this fun indoor party game. Most of the titles mentioned here will be known to kids, and even if they aren’t, they are fairly easy for them to attempt.
- Cinderella ~ Fairy Tale
- Oliver Twist ~ Charles Dickens
- Rapunzel ~ Fairy Tale
- The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe ~ C.S. Lewis
- Little Women ~ Louisa May Alcott
- Stuart Little ~ E. B. White
- Little House in the Big Woods ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Trumpet of the Swan ~ E. B. White
- My Father’s Dragon ~ Ruth Stiles Gannett
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ~ Roald Dahl
- The Cat in the Hat ~ Dr. Seuss
- Walk Two Moons ~ Sharon Creech
- Good Night Mr. Moon ~ Barbara Hanrahan
- Superman ~ Comic Books (DC Comics)
- The Lord of the Rings ~ J. R. R. Tolkien
- Any of the Harry Potter books
- Grandpa Green ~ Lane Smith
- A Ball for Daisy ~ Chris Raschka
Movies are a general favorite, when it comes to charades, for both kids and adults. Here’s a list of some popular movie titles, which kids won’t have a hard time miming and guessing!
- The Lion King
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Incredible Hulk
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Beauty and the Beast
- Sleeping Beauty
- Home Alone
- Ice Age
- The Karate Kid
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Enter the Dragon
- Home Alone
Famous People and Characters
Another way to improve kids’ general knowledge and deducing skills, is to have them mime famous people, from the real world and the fictional world too. Their actions and expressions have to be perfect for this one.
- Batman ~ Superhero
- Harry Potter ~ Character
- Willy Wonka ~ Character
- Oprah Winfrey ~ Personality
- Hannah Montana ~ Personality
- Hilary Duff ~ Personality
- Spiderman ~ Superhero
- Arnold Schwarzenegger ~ Personality
- Donkey ~ Character
- Rafiki ~ Character
- Cruella De Vil ~ Character
- The Rock ~ Personality
- Professor Snape ~ Character
- Edward Cullen ~ Character
- Popeye ~ Character
- Barack Obama ~ Personality
- Jack Sparrow ~ Character
- Gollum ~ Character
Charades is one of the best party games and icebreaker activities ever. So, have the kids play this game in these three different ways. They’ll have a riot plus, they’ll get to know each other and a bit of other stuff too!