The traditional super bowl party is one of the least fussy and most unpretentious party to host. Men normally lead at this party, and their tastes have a set tone for snacks as well as entertainment. This party is mainly dominated by snacks, such as chips with sour cream, cheese dips (onion soup dip springs to mind), buffalo wings, cheese balls, pizzas, etc. These dishes are easy to serve, and can be eaten while watching the game. Try these yummy recipes, and forget all about those diet ramifications or culinary trends for a while.
Buttery Blue Cheese Spread with Walnuts
- Round bread loaf: 1 (16 oz.)
- Cream cheese (softened): 3 packages (8 oz.)
- Crumbled blue cheese: 1 package (4 oz.)
- Diced walnuts (toasted): ½ cup
- Fresh chives (chopped): ½ cup
- Butter (softened): ½ cup
- Cream sherry (optional): ¼ cup
- Garnish: toasted diced walnuts, rosemary sprigs, and chopped fresh chives
- Mix cream cheese, butter, blue cheese, walnuts, and chives together in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill the mixture for 8 hours.
- Hollow out the bread loaf, leaving a 1-inch thick shell.
- Spoon the softened mixture into the shell.
- Garnish it with diced walnuts, rosemary sprigs, and fresh chives.
- Serve it with sliced apples and pears or with toasted French baguette slices.
Cheese Lovers Pizza Squares
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese: 2 cups (8 oz.)
- Plum tomatoes (thinly sliced): 2
- Refrigerated pizza dough: 1 can (13.8 oz.)
- Ricotta cheese: 1 cup
- Sliced yellow pepper: 1 cup
- Turkey pepperoni (diced): 2 oz.
- Freshly chopped parsley: 2 tbsp.
- Oregano: 1 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Press pizza dough into a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan, and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, and spread the ricotta cheese over the crust.
- Top with mozzarella, tomatoes, pepperoni, oregano, and yellow pepper.
- Return to the oven, and bake for 6 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley, cut into pieces, and serve.
Chicken Fingers with Honey Sauce
- Chicken breast halves (skinless, boneless): 12 oz.
- Crushed cornflakes: 2 cups
- Egg whites (beaten): 2
- Honey for sauce: ¼ cup
- Honey for chicken fingers: 1 tbsp.
- Prepared mustard or Dijon-style mustard: 4 tsp.
- Pepper: ¼ tsp.
- Garlic powder: ¼ tsp.
- Cut the chicken into strips of about 3 inches long and ¾ inch wide.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg whites and 1 tbsp. honey.
- Mix the cornflake crumbs and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg white mixture, and roll them in the crumb mixture to coat.
- Place the strips in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake in an oven at 450ºF for 11 to 13 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, mix together ¼ cup honey, mustard, and garlic powder in a small bowl, and serve with the chicken strips.
Brownie Cups with Easy Frosting
- Eggs: 4 large
- Granulated sugar: 2 cups
- All-purpose flour: 1¼ cups
- Unsweetened baking cocoa: ¾ cup
- Vegetable oil: ⅔ cup
- Semisweet, milk or white chocolate chips: 1 package (10 ounces)
- Vanilla extract: 2 tsp.
- Baking powder: 1 tsp.
- Salt: ½ tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and place 40 foil baking cups (2 inches in diameter) on the cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together cocoa and oil till it blends together, and add sugar to it.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and add flour, baking powder, and salt to it.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips, and keep the remaining ⅔ cup for frosting.
- Drop the mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into the baking cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until small cracks appear on the surface.
- Remove from the oven, and immediately place 6 reserved chocolate chips on the center of each brownie.
- Let it stand for a few minutes to soften. Then swirl melted chips with knife or spatula.
Super bowl party recipes are easy to prepare and delicious to eat. So, don't hold anything back, and serve everyone's favorite high-fat, finger-licking snack foods. After all, your television is the focal point, or is it the food?