While hosting a party, it is a good idea to add some delicious cold appetizers in your menu. While hot appetizers are also delicious, they take a lot more preparation and are more difficult to serve. The recipes discussed in the following article will ensure that you spend more time with the guests rather than in the kitchen.
Most of the party food these days consists of hot starters. However, you may want to change the trend and serve cold snacks instead. There are many advantages of choosing them over the hot ones. The most important benefit is that they can be made in advance. At the same time, serving them is a lot easier. You can have them laid at the table and let the guests help themselves. Here we describe some delicious cold appetizer recipes, which will make your guests savor the taste for a long time.
With these recipes, you will see that entertaining family and friends is, indeed, easy. These canapés can also be used when people at home are hungry, and the main course is yet to be cooked.
This is one of the simplest snacks that you can make even at a short notice. Take a look.
- Smoked salmon, (10 oz., cut into 18 pieces)
- Brown toast circles, 10
- Capers, 1 small jar
- Sour cream, ½ cup
- Lemon juice, 1 teaspoon
- Fresh dill, 2½ tablespoons (snipped)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sour cream, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of dill together. Divide the mixture into 18 parts.
- Make cones using the smoked salmon, and put the brown toast circles inside the cone.
- Top the crackers with the sour cream mixture.
- Use snipped dill and a few capers to garnish the roll-ups and serve.
Here is a dish which you would want to include in your party food menu. It is simple to make, and serving it will also not cause too much of trouble.
- Potatoes, 6 (boiled)
- Bacon, 4 slices (cooked and shredded)
- Cottage cheese, ½ cup
- Tomato, ⅓ cup (diced)
- Lettuce, ¼ cup (shredded)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the potatoes, and make sure that they are not overcooked.
- Cut the potatoes into two halves. Scoop the potatoes, and make cavities in the potato pieces for the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, mix bacon, cottage cheese, diced tomato, shredded lettuce, salt, and pepper.
- Fill in the potato cavities with this mixture and serve.
Fresh Fig Appetizer
This is a different kind of canapé, which makes use of a combination of figs with balsamic vinegar and ham. It can also be used in the main course with some bread.
- Figs, 2
- Honey, 1 teaspoon
- Balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar along with the honey, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the figs and arugula into quarters.
- Heat a frying pan over a low flame, and place the fig skins down on the pan.
- Cook the figs and drizzle the vinegar mixture on the figs liberally.
- Remove the fig pieces from the pan and let it cool down.
- Top the fig piece with arugula and then wrap prosciutto on the fig and arugula roll. Use a toothpick to keep the roll in place and serve.
You can make use of these recipes to make appetizers for a party. To save yourself from hassle, prepare them in advance. You will not have to prepare elaborately for these starters and yet have happy guests!