Planning an adult’s party can be quite difficult as compared to a kids’ party. However, if you have an idea about what food items to prepare, it can make your job a lot easier.
Out of all the party elements, food plays a very important role in impressing guests. And when it comes to an adult’s party, there are plenty of delicious items that can be prepared. The food and beverage should be selected keeping in mind the guests, as well as the occasion.
Planning the Menu for the Party …
Once you have decided the date and time of the party, the first thing to be done is planning what food to serve at the party. Here are some tips.
– If the guests are your close friends, then you must be aware of their likes and dislikes. So, plan the menu accordingly.
– You need to decide whether you will be preparing the food yourself, or if you are hiring a caterer.
– If you are hiring a caterer, then get the list of food items that they can serve, and inform them about the exact number of guests who will be attending the party.
– If you are going to prepare the food yourself, then decide whether you need to hire servers.
– Plan whether you want to implement a buffet system or table system, depending on the number of guests at the party.
– Purchase the grocery required for preparing the food a week before the party. After purchasing, confirm whether you have purchased all the required ingredients, so that you need not rush or panic at the last moment.
– There are certain food items that can be prepared a day before the party, and can be stored in the refrigerator. This will reduce the workload while preparing food on the day of the party.
– To make a sensational start to the party, search for some tasty appetizer recipes. Appetizers should look colorful, be tasty and the guests should be curious to taste them at first look. Try to serve the guests with a variety of appetizers.
– Party drinks are another important part of a party for adults. At such parties, you should include both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Tropical drinks and mocktails can be served for those guests who prefer non-alcoholic drinks.
– Serve beverages that will go well with the type of appetizer served. Choosing the right wine will increase the fun at the party.
– You can arrange for seasonal drinks or punches as well. If you have hired a bartender for the party, it will help the guests choose their favorite drink from various options.
Party Food Ideas
To have a successful party for adults, here are some party food ideas you can consider. Enjoy!
Few More Starters: Mini Corn Salsa Tostadas, Stuffed Jalapenos, Chicken Quesadillas, Hot Chili Dip, Taco Dip, Warm, Mexican Crab Dip, Mexican Squash with Yogurt Dip, Mexican Chicken Soup, Grilled Shrimp, and Skewers.
Other Mexican delicacies: Chiles Rellenos, Stuffed Poblano Peppers, Mexican Yucca Meat Pie, Chicken Enchilada Nacho Bowls, Creamy Pumpkin Seeds and Green Chile Posole, Crab Tacos, Burrito de la Calle, Lamb Shanks Adobo, and Cola Shredded Beef Tacos.
Drinks and Desserts
– Watermelon Agua Fresca, Paloma, Atole, Tejuino, Michelada, Chelada, Coctel Adelita, Mudslide, Sangrita.
– Pastel Galletas, Mexican Flan, Tres Leches (3 Milk Cake), Sopapilla Cheesecake, Nutty Bunuelos, Boca Negra Mini Cakes, Roasted Pears & Caramel Sauce, Mexican Chocolate, Ice Cream, Strawberry Soup.
Flavors of Asia
Other appetizers: Asian Fondue, Asian Meatballs, Asian Fondue, Chinese Stuffed Mushrooms, Spicy Thai Chicken Wings, Thai, Turkey Lettuce Wraps, Layered Asian Dip, Asian BBQ Chicken Drummettes, Thai Coconut Shrimp, Fried Rice, Maple-Apple Party Riblets.
Or: Duck Breast with Plum Glaze, Chinese Barbequed Pork, Szechuan Shrimp, Chinese Beef & Snow, Peas, Indonesian Pork Tenderloin, Kung Pao Chicken, Mongolian Beef, Ginger-garlic Fish in Parchment, Singapore Pork Satay with Lemon Curry
Drinks and Desserts
– Pineapple & Banana Smoothie, Ginger Lemonade, Iced Mochas, Virgin Pina Colada, Gin and Tonic, Mojito, Thai Boxer, Asian Pear Martini, Thai Iced Tea.
– Mango Sorbet, Buko Pie, Fried Coconut with Milk Yogurt, Candied Tapioca root in Syrup, Chinese Steamed Pumpkin Cake, Bananas in Coconut Milk, Thai Custard steamed in a Young Coconut, Coconut Cream & Gula Melaka Syrup, Thai Mung Bean Mustard Cake.
An Italian Menu
More from Italy: Ricotta Fritters, Venetian Tea Sandwiches, Baked Scallops with Parmesan, Shrimp with Pancetta and Rosemary, Stuffed Zucchini, Stuffed Mussels, Montasio Cheese Crisps, Chicken Liver Crostini, Shrimp with Garlic Sauce.
Other alternatives: Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Lasagna, Minestrone with Macaroni, Tuscan Bean and Pasta Soup, Baked Cannelloni, Risotto Verde, Pasta with Mozzarella, Tuscan Meatloaf, Herby Roast Beef, Cuttlefish with Spinach and Tomato.
Drinks and Desserts
– Prosecco, Bellini, Montgomery, Negroni, Garibaldi, Limoncello, Grappa, Amaro, Italian Margaritas.
– Fruit and Custard Tart, Pear and Fig Tart, Tuscan Almond Biscuits, Italian Cheesecake, Carrot Cake, Apple Tart with Frangipane, Mini Zeppoles, Chocolate Gelato Sandwiches, Zabaglione with Strawberries.
A Caribbean Spread
Or: Caribbean Shrimp Dip, Caribbean Grilled Crab Cakes, Caribbean Nachos, Cream Cheese Crab Dip, Caribbean Deviled Eggs, Caribbean Coconut-Chicken Bites, Caribbean Meat Patties, Caribbean Salsa, Pumpkin Fritters.
Other delicacies: Fish Fillets with Pineapple-Jalapeno Salsa, Pork Tenderloin Cubano with Mango Mojo, Spiral Ham with Mango Salsa, Jamaican Beef Patties, Puerto Rican Fish Stew, Chicken Saute with Mango Sauce, Jerk-Spiced Beef Sirloin, Caribbean Pork Curry, Caribbean Sausage Platter.
Drinks and Desserts
– Rum Punch, Pina Colada, Dark and Stormy, Painkiller, Cayman Lemonade, Frozen Toasted Almond, Wally Whacker, Chocolate Monkey, Hummingbird.
– Christmas Pudding with Brandy Butter, Grilled Caribbean Poundcake, Butter Cookies, Caribbean Coffee Cookies, Caribbean Fudge Pie, Caribbean Banana Split, Caribbean Papaya Pie, Caribbean Pina Colada Pudding, Caribbean Rice Pudding, Caribbean Rum Souffle.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are about to throw a party for your friends, use the party food ideas listed above, and have a spectacular party. All the best!