Everyone wants their party to be perfect, from the guest list, food, ambiance, right down to the punch. Have a look at these delicious punch recipes for parties.
Punch is a mixed drink made from a wide variety of fruity flavors. Alcohol is also an important ingredient in several punch recipes. The drink originated in India, and was brought to England in the seventeenth century. It is mainly a party drink and is served in wide punch bowls. They are served at parties because they symbolize everything that a party requires, that is, a potpourri of flavors and variety. Give your party the perfect ‘punch’ with these recipes.
Try out these delectable all-time favorite punch recipes that will be perfect for any occasion.
- 6 cups water
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup light rum
- 4 cups ripe pineapple (diced)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, for garnishing
- Add the pineapple, lime juice, rum, and sugar together in a blender and blend until the mixture turns smooth.
- Continue the procedure until all the ingredients are used up. Ensure the sugar has blended well.
- Refrigerate the drink until chilled, and serve in tall glasses full of crushed ice and garnished with cilantro leaves for the final touch.
Stone Fruit and Mint Julep
A stone fruit is a fleshy fruit that surrounds one large seed or ‘stone’. It can be any fruit such as peach, plum, apricot, cherry, and nectarine. A mint julep is an alcoholic drink native to the southern states of the U.S.
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups stone fruit puree (any above mentioned fruit of your choice)
- 2 cups mint leaves, 1 extra bunch
- 2 bottles Southern whiskey
- 1 cup sugar, extra for garnish
- Wedges of lime
- Lavender or mint sprigs for garnishing
- In a large pan, boil the torn mint leaves, sugar, and water together, till the sugar has melted.
- Once cooled, strain the concoction into a pitcher.
- Add the fruit puree and whiskey to the mint syrup.
- Then, add the bunch of fresh mint to the pitcher.
- Freeze the drink overnight after covering the pitcher with a plastic wrap.
- Rub the edge of each glass with a wedge of lime. Sprinkle the sugar on the edge to give the glass a frosty look.
- Pour the drink into the glass and use mint or lavender sprigs to garnish it.
Non-alcoholic Punch Recipes
Not everyone takes to alcohol well, so for these guests, here are a few non-alcoholic recipes.
Rich Fruit Punch
- 13 cups boiling water
- 2 (46 ounce) cans of pineapple juice
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) lemon juice concentrate bottle
- 2 (2 liter each) ginger ale bottles (chilled)
- 3 (3 ounce) packets fruit-flavored gelatin mix
- Add the gelatin and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add in the boiling water until the entire mixture blends into the water.
- Slowly pour in the pineapple juice and lemon juice concentrate.
- Freeze the entire concoction in 1 large or 2 small containers.
- Chop the entire gelatin mixture in a punch bowl and add the ginger ale to make a yummy fruit punch.
- 1 liter carbonated water
- 2 lemons (thinly sliced)
- 3 large oranges (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 can (6 ounce) lemon concentrate (frozen)
- 2 bottles (750 ml each) sparkling apple cider
- 2 trays ice cubes
- After placing the lemons and oranges in a punch bowl, add in the frozen lemon concentrate.
- Slowly pour in the sparkling apple cider and the carbonated water.
- Add the sugar, followed by the ice cubes.
Punch Recipes for Kids
Fruit punches are the best way to acquaint kids to the taste of fruits, which they may otherwise not choose to eat. Opt for one of these for kids.
Banana Pineapple Punch
- 6 Bananas (mashed)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 quart orange juice
- 6 lemons (juiced)
- 2 quarts 7-Up
- 5 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- Heat the water and sugar together until the water boils and the sugar melts.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and freeze.
- In a punch bowl, put the mixture and pour in the soda.
- 1 bottle (2 liter each) ginger ale (chilled)
- ½ gallon rainbow sherbet
In a large bowl, slowly combine the rainbow sherbet and ginger ale. Some cubes of ice, shaped in the mold of different animals added to the punch will make your kid’s party the most remembered. Your fruit punch is ready to be savored by the little ones.
Quick Punch Recipes
Sometimes you may just not have the time to go elaborate on your menu. These easy punch recipes will make the preparation simple and will still be a hit at your party.
- 2 bottles (2 liter each) ginger ale
- 2 cups lemon sherbet
- ½ packet frozen strawberries (sliced)
- 2 bottles (2 liter each) strawberry-flavored soda
- Add all the ingredients together except the sliced strawberries and mix them.
- Add in the sliced strawberries just before serving to maintain the freshness.
- If you want the drink to have a little bit of alcohol, try adding in a dash of vodka.
Quick and Easy Punch
- 1 can pineapple juice
- 1 can apple juice concentrate
- 1 bottle (2 liter each) ginger ale
- 1 can orange juice concentrate
- 1 bottle (750 ml each) vodka
- In a punch bowl or pitcher, add in the vodka and apple and orange juice.
- Into this mixture, add the ginger ale.
- Serve this delightful drink with lots of crushed ice.
Everyone wants their party to have something about it that people will never forget. These are the recipes to those unforgettable moments. These punches will leave a memorable taste in the mouth and will have all your guests wanting to come back for more. Instead of just pouring out a drink from a bottle, add in a little bit of you into every aspect of your party, including the punch, to give it the ultimate personal touch.